The Peer-Tutoring Center is located in the new Academic Success Center in Miller 12. Students do not have to make an appointment to use this free service, but can drop in at any time their designated tutor is available.
Who are the Peer-Tutors?
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes at Mercyhurst University North East
- Students who have taken the course for which they are tutoring and earned a B or better
- Students currently enrolled in the course who are on their way to earning an A
- All peer-tutors have been recommended by instructors and have at least a 3.0 GPA
- All peer-tutors have completed a thorough application and training process
How Can Peer-Tutoring Help?
- Learn one-on-one or in a small group with more individual attention
- Learn at your own pace
- Understand the subject matter
- Clarify assignments
- Review previous assignments and tests
- Prepare homework and projects
- Improve study techniques
- Improve time management
- Improve your grade
- Raise your overall GPA
How Can I Get Help?
For more information, stop by the Peer Tutoring Center in Miller 12 or email Kara Homer, Peer-Tutoring Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (814) 725-6321 to help get connected with a peer-tutor.